There has been a shift in the lives of my sister and I in the past few years. I love how we are now, and I love being able to share motherhood together. I still remember the day that she called to tell me that she was expecting. She was so giddy. I was so giddy. I was five months pregnant with a bundle of my own. I have always been so wrapped up in her enormous love, and her huge delicate yet strong heart.
My heart has swelled at being able to watch our girls together. Dancing around with abandon and such free spirit. And as I sit here thinking about our little girls, it leads me to wonder, "how much of our childhood have we carried along with us?" Of course we have grown, but have we kept enough of our childlike qualities that one would look and see the glimpse of a girl who once was? The connection of it all is really so profound. The paths that we choose to follow as adults are often in response to those we began as "babes".
As far back as I can remember, I have always wanted to be a mama. Donning the inside of my shirt with pillows, I would stand in front of the mirror with my belly puckered out. ahhh, the beginnings of a wonderful journey....
Looking at these two little girls, I often wonder, if I am looking in a mirror of a girl who once was. And it leads me to ponder whether or not I have carried enough of that little girl with me that my cherubs are able to see her?
No comments:
Post a Comment