Tuesday, July 21, 2009

thinking of you in heaven *


"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it, is the day that I will stop missing you."



I am going to share with you something I wrote for my dear Mother after she had passed. She was a beautiful soul with so much to give. I was so blessed to have her as a mom, and my children were blessed to have known her.


Mom,

I have missed you. I deeply miss your smile and your friendship and wish that I could tell you that face to face. You had a light about you that shined so brightly to everyone who had the pleasure of meeting and knowing you.

Gracie is getting so big and I wish that you were tangible to us so that we could watch you two share birthdays together. She is beautiful and it saddens me that you were not able to be with us on her first birthday. How lovesoaked that day was knowing that you were shining down on her and silently sharing in her festivities. I know that every year I will think of you, and I will be happy celebrating, just like I will remember the happiness you had the day that she was born. I will never forget waiting all night with you to see such a pretty baby face for the very first time. How special.

You were a wonderful mother and a beautiful person. You always listened to me with your heart. You helped me to become a kind mother with a big heart. You taught me to not ever lose my childlike ways. To not ever forget to play. What a blessing that lesson has been for my marriage and for my relationship with my children!

I know that you are up in Heaven watching all of us with smiles on your face. I don't know why you had to go so soon. I felt like I was just coming into my own as a woman and a mother when you "left". But now I have a beautiful angel to guide me. And so do my children.

When you were hurt and in the hospital, I used to pray for you to come back to us, because we all still needed you. It took me a little to realize that I was being selfish and that what I should have been praying for is for you to come back to me in any way that you could. God needed you to come home, and I needed a guardian angel that could look over me always.

Love you always and forever.

Happy Birthday my beautiful angel!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me cry baby girl. I'm so glad I investigated your facebook post and made my way to this.
    I Love You,
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete